Willamette Valley Vineyards Wine Tasting Dinner
Get ready to unwind, relax, and enjoy a special evening of culinary creations paired with some of our favorite wines from Willamette Valley Vineyards! Your evening includes dinner in the Village Gardens with a presentation of featured wines and fun. Space is limited.
- Weather-appropriate casual attire is suggested.
- Guests must be 21+ to attend.
- Please make reservations for your entire party to ensure seating at the same table. There will be assigned seats upon arrival.
- Appetizer: Savory chicken liver pâté served with spicy cheese and crackers. Paired with 2022 Pinot Gris
- Salad: Bruschetta Salad topped with Fresh Mozzarella. Paired with Cluster Rosé
- Entree: Roasted Salmon topped with a Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce, served with Rustic Mashed Potatoes and Garlic Haricot Verts. Paired with 2021 Whole Cluster Pinot Noir
- Dessert: Chocolate Mousse topped with Amaretto Cream. Paired with 2021 Pinot Noir
WINES FROM Willamette Valley Vineyards
Pinot Gris was first introduced into the United States from France by David Lett, who planted Pinot Gris in the North Willamette Valley at The Eyrie Vineyards. Founder Jim Bernau got his first cuttings of Pinot Gris as a result of David’s innovative work. Pinot Gris is now Oregon’s leading white variety.
Years ago, Founder Jim Bernau began experimenting with Pinot Noir by gently dropping hand-picked whole clusters in a chilled stainless fermenter, pushing all the oxygen out with CO2 and sealing the vessel tight. What happened next was magical — the berries started to swell and turn pink. When they burst, they released the most aromatic, fermenting Pinot Noir. The stylistic vision of this wine captures pure Pinot Noir fruit with beautiful depth and structure through whole cluster fermentation and carbonic maceration. The wine is balanced, refreshing and versatile for countless food pairings.
The 2021 Estate Pinot Noir expresses the terroir of estate vineyards — the original planting by Founder Jim Bernau at the winery in the Salem Hills, Tualatin Estate planted by Oregon wine pioneer Bill Fuller in the foothills of the Coastal Range and Elton planted by Dick and Betty O’Brien on the east face of the Eola-Amity Hills.
- 5:30 pm: Gates Open
- 5:30-6:30pm: View the Village, sit by the bonfire, and enjoy a cocktail from our cash bar
- 6:00 pm: Dinner is served [presentation + wine tasting served with courses]
- 7:30 pm: Dinner + Presentation ends
- 7:30-8:30pm: Relax + mingle by the fire
- 8:30 pm: Event ends
Cost: $95.00 / person
Cash bar available [cash + credit card accepted]
* Special dietary requests must be made at least 72 hours in advance, and we will always aim to accommodate your culinary preferences when available. Ancient Lore Village, while not restaurant, does the best to meet each of our guests’ food needs during their time with us. For those with severe allergies, please keep in mind that our chefs, while cautious, operate out of a kitchen where nuts, wheat, and many food components are used so cross contamination is a possibility.
Online reservations accepted until 24 hours prior to event/activity. For reservation availability the day of event/activity, please contact Guest Services at 865-200-2434.